Reminders & Announcement
Announcing Food Truck Hog Jam
A local boy from Hawaii now in the Northwest, will have a food truck setup Thursday, Friday and Saturday serving island classic grinds at the fairgrounds!
- Breakfast: Spam, or Portuguese sausage with rice and scrambled eggs.
- Lunch and Dinner: Terry chicken with rice and salad Hawaiin smoked meat with rice and salad Smoked charsiu With rice and salad Laulau with rice and salad
Announcing Wait List
If you missed the window for registration you can join the waitlist. The form for the waitlist is at the bottom of this message.
Please study interactive Google Map
Friday, July 12th
- Friday 12-4pm Puakea Designs and Kai Wa’a will have tents set up at the campgrounds for Q&A with team paddlers and coaches
- Have all your waivers signed, dated and legible!
There are 2 Forms–
Form 1) Insurance Form must be filled out by EACH Member of your team (x6) – Please Print 6 Copies
Form 2) Liability Release Form must be filed by signed by each member of your team, however, it is a single document (x1)Total Pieces of paper = 7
Check-in – Packet pickup and waiver release
Safety meeting for ALL paddlers at 8 pm – Hosted by Race Director JD Davies. Coach Johnny Puakea will speak about steering and huli recovery, please be in attendance.
- Please study the campgrounds map, traffic flow, parking, trailer and canoe parking, etc.
Saturday, July 13th
PFD’S ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL ON-THE-WATER EVENTS. NO EXCEPTIONS!
SKIRTS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL OC6 CANOES. PNWORCA RULES APPLY. SAFETY BOATS WILL PATROL THE COURSES BUT CREWS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEMSELVES – PLEASE BE EFFICIENT AT RIGHTING YOUR CANOES SWIFTLY!
Fairgrounds: Mandatory OC6 Steersmen meeting (Men, Women, Mixed.)
OC6 Women/Mixed race start: Stevenson waterfront
OC6 Men will start 1/2 hr. after the final women’s/mixed canoe finishes at Drano Lake
Awards will be back in Stevenson at the fairgrounds picnic shelter
By Naim Ferguson