Important Event Information
Online Registration Only
- There will be no “day of” registration, your teams must be registered via Paddle Guru – Online Registration. Please register early to guarantee your place.
- Race packet pickup Friday 5PM-8PM July 12th 2019
- Pickup: Boat Numbers
- Pickup: Race Jerseys (Mandatory to be worn by racers during the race)
- Drop Off: Insurance Wavers
- If you are sharing a canoe READ THIS: Men’s boat number go on FIRST and UNDER the Women/Mix. Steerspersons confirm that the boat number has been changed at the exchange in Drano. Peel off the Women/Mix number to expose the Men’s number.
- See course map below. We have a downwind course. Pray for wind. See course map for details.
- Downwind runs require a shuttle which may seem like more work if you haven’t done it before, but once you see how much more fun it is to go downwind you will realize that the little bit of extra time it takes to do the shuttle will be well worth the effort.
- Each crew is required to have completed forms, all paddlers must have both The Gorge Race and Paddlesport Risk Management waivers completed.
Camping & Accommodations
- Fairgrounds at Stevenson, Washington are free with registration. Please be respectful of the park and pick up your opala (rubbish) and keep the showers/bathrooms clean.
- Competitors are invited to camp and rig at the fairgrounds in Stevenson, just a short walk or paddle from the race site, with everything you may need nearby in terms of restaurants, fuel, groceries, hardware, etc. Camping is included in registration fees for Friday and Saturday only, yet further services are available at www.skamania.org to meet your needs.
- If you arrive earlier then Friday or want to stay Sunday night after the event is over you must pay at the fairgrounds office.
- Please see the Campsite Map below for traffic flow, parking, camping, rigging, trailer area, showers and awards locations.
- Please be prepared for changing weather conditions, a damp night and cloudy morning may very well lead to sunny skies with winds to 25 mph and 3 foot swells!
- Skirts are required on all OC6 canoes.
- PNWORCA rules apply. http://pnworca.org
- Safety boats will patrol the courses but crews are responsible for themselves – please be efficient at righting your canoes swiftly!
- Everyone must wear a PFD (life-jacket) while racing on the river. Inflatables approved.
Contact JD for any information you cannot find here. We look forward to another excellent event and we hope to see you in July!
Please see the Campsite Map below for traffic flow, parking, camping, rigging, trailer area, showers and awards locations.